How can I change the permission for a specific field?

Miki Yuzawa September 30, 2012

I am having hard time to find a way to change permission for a field. I can see and change "Fix Version/s" field, but other users cannot. How can I change the permission for a specific field? I want all users to see and edit "Fix Version/s" field.

Btw, I have a global admin access to all projects we have for our company Atlassian account.

Thanks,

Miki

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2012

Hi Miki,

basicaly for like 90% of all fileds JIRA can not apply different permissions for different users. The 10% left are made up by FixVersion and Due Date for example. In order to enable users to modify those two fields, you need to grant JIRA permissions in your permission scheme to those users (most likely project roles or even groups).

• Fix Version: needs "Resolve Issues" permission
  • Due Date needs: "Schedule Issues" permission

More on this topic can be found in the official documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Hope that helps? Cheers, David

EDIT: On thing just came to my mind. If you want to restrict permissions for single fields (I know, you've been asking for the other way around, thought I'd post it anyway...) You may want to check out the Field Level Security Plugin for JIRA.

Second EDIT: sorry, I just now saw you are using Atlassian OnDemand, so the plugin mentioned above is not available for you. Sorry for the confusion.

Miki Yuzawa September 30, 2012

David, thank you for your answer! I was able to change permission :)

Suggest an answer