How can I change the initial status in a workflow (when moving an issue)?

Andrea Tanzer June 9, 2015

Hi!

I want to move an issue between two projects with different workflows. My issue is currently in project 1 in status "Open" and I want to move it to project 2 in Status "Backlog" which is actually the status after creating an issue.

My Problem now is that i already have a really huge workflow designed for project 2 and the create transition is linked to Status "Backlog". When I select an issue to move from project 1 to project 2 I am supposed to choose a new status. However, the status that is initially selected is "Ready for Inception" which is not the first status. On the workflow text field the status "Ready for Inception" has the ID 2, Backlog has ID 16.

move.PNG

I already tried clicking the Create transition and linking it to another status and then linking it back to backlog, but no luck there.

Please tell me there is a way that I can change my initial status?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

By default, you cannot change the Status of the issue during the move. What you can do is to create listeners that listen for the move event and auto transition them for you.

Andrea Tanzer June 9, 2015

Hi I don't get this, because I can choose a new Status when moving my Issue.. But I want to change the initial selection of the status.

Suggest an answer