How can I change the default permission scheme for a service desk projet?

Hi,

In my company we use jira software and service desk.

I have 2 different roles for the administration purpose in the projects: Administrator and Administrator project.

I want to remove the Administrator role and only use the Administrator project.

When I create a new software project the default permission scheme use the Administrator project role, but when I create a new service desk project there is Administrator in the permission scheme and I see no way to change the default permission scheme for service desk.

Could you please tell me how I can change the service desk default permission scheme ?

Thanks

Philippe

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Phillipe,
in my understanding ServiceDesk, Software and Business Projects are all basically projects and therefore inherit defaults. Have you tried using the Project Templates rather than creating the projects from scratch each time?

ServiceDesk Projects setup types are basically just templates themselves!

Maybe I misunderstood your question!

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your help. I use the project templates provided by jira. But when I create a service desk project, it comes up with a permission scheme holding the Administrator role instead of Administrator project.

Is there a way to customize these templates somewhere ?

Philippe

jira_project_sd.PNG

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you