How can I change the default layout of the 'Printable' view in JIRA 4.4.5

Stephen Lord July 22, 2013

We have a project in JIRA where the users insist on printing out every issue - is there a way I can change the format and headings of hte output? I need to change the field order and put in custom headings?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Take a look at these few templates:

<single-issue-view key="issue-html" i18n-name-key="admin.issue.views.issue.plugin.html" name="Printable" class="com.atlassian.jira.issue.views.IssueHtmlView" state='enabled' fileExtension="html" contentType="text/html">
        <resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/plugins/issueviews/single-word.vm" />
        <resource type="velocity" name="style" location="templates/plugins/issueviews/single-word-css.vm" />
        <resource type="velocity" name="header" location="templates/plugins/issueviews/single-word-header.vm" />
        <resource type="velocity" name="footer" location="templates/plugins/issueviews/single-word-footer.vm" />
        <resource type="velocity" name="previous" location="templates/plugins/searchrequestviews/searchrequest-link-previous.vm" />
        <order>10</order>
    </single-issue-view>

Stephen Lord July 28, 2013

Yes this will work but I guess this affects all JIRA projects for that server instance? Is there a way to change it per project?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

Nope. You will have to cater for that condition in the Velocity file itself.

Vinay Biligiri December 23, 2015

How do I use this template? (where do I go?)

0 votes
Dave F August 7, 2019

Is there a velocity file for the card view printing? I'd happily modify that for all projects - nobody here like the default format.

0 votes
Bartek Gatz June 26, 2016

In case you would like to edit the printing templates in UI instead of velocity templates, you might want to give Agile Cards a try (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.scrumprint.scrumplugin/cloud/overview). It is available for both Cloud and Server JIRA and comes with a powerful template editor.

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

Hi Stephen,

Using our Intelligent Reports plugin you can define a template in Microsoft Word and fill it in with simple point and click rules. You can include whichever fields (including custom fields) in whichever order you like. Furthermore, you can have any number of different templates for different projects or purposes you like.

Suggest an answer