How can I change the default assignee with the on demand Jira?

Sébastien Richer August 27, 2012

Hello,

I have these rather large projects and intend to use Jira as a task repository while we prioritise them.

I'd like to change the default assignee when I create a task. Right now it's all going to the project lead (which makes no sense).

I' tried to find the configuration but was not able.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

You may set default assignee at "People" tab, where you define Roles for your project.

If you want more, than one Default Assignee (depends on the segment a.k.a. component of the software). Create components and make users as components leads, on the so called "Component tab" in project administration.

Otherwise, if it is really big project, you may split your project into logical Jira projects with few Project leaders and make them default assignees (and then create components and Component Leaders).

Sébastien Richer August 28, 2012

Hi, it looks like that property is in a read-only state. Maybe because I'm using the on-demand system?

Suggest an answer