How can I change the Name of the EPOS-Verknüpfung?

Stefan Meier January 23, 2018

I am working with the German version.

There I created an EPIC and some tasks within the epic. Now, strangely, the EPOS-Verknpüfung-(i.e. Link)-Field in the tasks has a different value from the name of the EPIC and in the EPIC there is no field with that value, even if I click on "Show all fields". Whats going on? How can I change that value?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Hi Stefan,

I believe this issue is a confusion of between the Epic Name and the Epic link.  Please see the KB Epic Name vs Epic Link for more details.  If I am understanding your situation, you are wanting to change the value that you see for this epic on the related issues/stories.

You should be able to edit the Epic issue itself in order to see the Epic Name value of that issue itself.

Please let me know if this helps or if perhaps I have misunderstood the problem here.

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Simon Kälberer September 12, 2018

My Questions goes in a similar direction as I am working also with a German version.

After migrating a Jira instance from 6.4.11 to Jira Software 7.12 I foundan issuetype named "EPOS". This one is the equivalent to the issuetype "Epic". In consequence this means that all related customfields like epic name or epic link are name "Epos Name" and "Epos-Verknüpfung". 

Because Jira Software and many addons are speaking of Epics all over (also in a German Version) I like to change the name of the issuetype. However I can change the name of the issuetype but the customfields are locked and I cannot change their names.

Is there a way to change these customfields. Otherwiese it would be quite confusing for users.

Best regards and thanks for the help,

Simon

Simon Kälberer September 12, 2018

I just recognized that if I change the name of issuetype "Epos" to "Epic" the epic panel of the boards are empty.

Is there a solution to this issue?

Mario Tello June 28, 2021

same problem

Suggest an answer