How can I change the Jelly script logging level?

David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

I'm running the following Jelly script in JIRA's JellyRunner, and I'm not seeing any output, neither in the browser nor atlassian-jira.log.

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.enterprise.JiraTagLib" xmlns:log="jelly:log">
<log:info>Something happened</log:info>
</JiraJelly>

If I change the logging statement to <log:warn>Something happened</log:warn> I do get a message in the log.
So I'm thinking that the logging level is set to WARN somewhere. In the Logging and Profiling page there is the option to change the 'jelly' logging level to INFO or DEBUG or whatever, but that seemed to have no effect. Can you help me turn info logging on?

2 answers

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

removed last comment that mentioned administration/system logging&profiling but i see you've already been there

but it looks like jelly is alread there and set to INFO by default.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

additionally if i go to "administration/system" inside Logging & Profiling there is an entry for jelly where to change loglevels

0 votes
Stefan Niedermann July 17, 2013

good question, let me know, if you have the answer!

Suggest an answer