How can I change the Account Custom Field to be optional not required?

I have setup a post-function that will populate the account field from a parent task on transition.  This however won't work if the account field is required and the user cannot create the task if the account field is not populated.  Tempo used to allow us to remove the required option, but in the latest, it's not possible, it's required by default.  Is there a work around?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Lisa

If you can access 'Administration', 'Add-ons' and Choose 'Account Configuration' under the 'TEMPO ACCOUNTS' header, you will see an option to make tempo account custom field required in JIRA field configurations. If you deselect this option it will not longer be the default field configuration. 

I hope this helps.

Heiða Dóra

Tempo Support

Thank you! Can you guys add that to your documentation, so others can know without having to log a call. :)

Here is some documentation on the matter. As this is an accounts feature it is in the Tempo Accounts system plugin documentation: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/ACCOUNTS/Accounts+Configuration Best regards, Heiða Dóra Tempo Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,211 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot