How can I change "Themes" to another term in JIRA Portfolio 2.0?

Dwight Thompson August 16, 2016

This article in the JIRA Knowledge Base explains how to change the nomenclature used in JIRA Portfolio. However, it appears that this does not work in Portfolio 2.0. Following the instructions, I can change the name for Theme, but the change does not show up in Portfolio. Is there something else I need to do to have the change take effect? Or does this not work in 2.0. In 2.0, you can change the issue type names that are used in Portfolio in Portfolio > Administration > Portfolio Hierarchy Configuration, which is nice. But there is no option to change "Theme."

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2016

Hey Dwight,

Unfortunately the renaming options only relate to Portfolio classic plans. The primary purpose for these options were to rename the issue types for customers that don't use stories, epics & initiatives. Renaming Themes and Streams were secondary to this feature.

We have since replaced these options in 2.0 with our hierarchy configuration options and no longer use Nomenclature labs feature. We don't have a replacement for changing Themes and don't have plans to work on renaming options.

I've created feature request you can vote on to express interest: JPO-1564
The more traction it gets the more likely we are to pick it up.

Kind regards,
Rhys

Dwight Thompson August 17, 2016

Thank you for this answer and thank you for creating the feature request.

Suggest an answer