How can I change issuetype (using diff workflow)of issues

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi

I want to be able to change the issuetype of multiple issues from Issue type A to B. 

Problem is

• IssuetypeA and B use the different workflow (so I have to use bulk move operation; but....)
  • One field is visible and mandatory in B but not visible and of course non-mandatory in issuetype A (bulk move operation is not able to handle this scenario)

Looks like a bug in JIRA.

How do i proceed>?

answers.jpg 

Rahul

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2015

Sounds odd - when I try bulk move in those situations, it asks me to fill in the field.  What version are you one?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

6.1.4; and it is saying to filling affect versions field (which was mandatory and not in thetwo issuetype) but not giving me an option to select one. So, i am stuck.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2015

Do you have any versions in the target project? Again, this works for me, but it does fall over if I try to move issues into a project which has no versions defined yet.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2015

Yes Nic, we have versions defined in the target project. (its basically move within the same project but the latter issue type has Affect Version as mandatory). I have raised it with atlassian for review and awaiting their response. Rahul

Suggest an answer