How can I change default workflow?

MarcoC March 21, 2013

Hi!

I have a custom workflow that I have created few days ago... Now I'm creating new project, and I realized that I have to use always the same Workflow...

So, what can I do to set my custom workflow like the default workflow, for stopping to have to change it every time that I made a new project?

regards,

Marco

5 answers

1 accepted

15 votes
Answer accepted
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Hello,

This seems to be a feature request that has yet to be implemented : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9363

Do vote on the issue to increase its popularity.

MarcoC March 21, 2013

Thank you very much Daniel... I know about this feature has yet to be implemented, and I'm asking, if someone have tha same problem, how have resolve it in a different way...

For example... if I remove the default "jira", not from the application JIRA, but modify the xml?

William Ing October 16, 2015

Or better, start to tweet links to tickets like this, Atlassian is more careful about tweeted ones! ;)

1 vote
Arian Hintringer January 4, 2019

I am not a very advanced Jira user so I am not sure if this meets your requirement but...

How about this suggestion:

• Create a project with all the settings you want to use as a default
    • Workflow Scheme
    • Permission Scheme
    • Notification Scheme
  • Name the project "Default standard project"
  • Create new project
  • Select the option "Create with shared settings from existing project"
  • Select your "Default standard project"

It does the trick for me. How about you @MarcoC1?

Arian Hintringer January 4, 2019

Ah just noticed that Mihamina suggested the same thing :-)

Like Seraphinite Solutions likes this
Mustafa Gadhiya January 15, 2019

This is a good option @Arian Hintringer

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

If you change the default workflow scheme to assign all unassigned issue types (or the ones you need) to the new workflow you should be ok.

Henning

BryanEricBaird November 12, 2014

Unfortunately, I think this just creates a new workflow for the project you happen to be working on. There is no easy way to edit the default workflow scheme.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Oh, yes you're right. I'm so used to use our "Default" Scheme that I forgot that's no the system default workflow scheme. :-) Ok, than I think there is currently no way without changing to the default workflow scheme after creating a project.

0 votes
Nagesh Dixit May 20, 2017

Same issue also I'm facing. Always I have to change our custom workflow as well as Issue Type. Please guide us to make it permanently so that we don't need to change the workflow always.

Suggest an answer