How can I change an existing JIRA Project to a Scrum Project

Thomas Fritzen August 21, 2017

I have a Project that was set up as a Kanban Project or a Basic Project.  I would like to make that Project a Scrum Project.  

Thanks 

Thomas 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Technically, you don't really need to, the Scrum/Kanban choice is purely to ask what else you want to create for the project and set up the right fields. 

But you should swap the project from "Business" to "Software" in the project header.

Once you've done that, just create a Scrum board and tell it to look at the project.

You may need to fiddle with field setup if you want to use story points etc.

Jesper Halden January 23, 2023

Changing from "Business" to "Software" in the project - this doesn't have any other consequences then getting software functionality? Does i remove other functionality??

thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

You'll lose the project board (but that's ok, because you're probably doing this so you can create Scrum or Kanban boards in the project) and things like summary, list, and calendar will go too, but they're mostly just done differently in Software projects, it's not really a "removal".  For example, the timeline goes away.  But you get roadmaps.

Like Jesper Halden likes this

Suggest an answer