How can I block deletion of the project?

Hansoo Bae August 8, 2016

We have certain project management system sync with JIRA for issue/task management. 

There are project managers who have "administer projects" permission in Project permission but we don't want them to delete the projects which are synced with other project management system. 

Any possible way to do this? (better if possible without add-on, or with free add-on smile

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

No.  Admin means Admin.

But your project managers should not have admin rights - you should remove those.

thanks for the answer.

You mean remove the "admnister projects" permission? 

but project managers need to manage users in project roles, components, versions and some properties of the project, I just want them not to delete the project once created. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

No.

Only JIRA or System administrators can delete projects.  Project administrators cannot.

Ah. OK. maybe we need to check with the users who deleted the projects. we thought that administer project permission allows project managers delete the projects.

We just assumed that. maybe those users actually in the jira-administrator group.

I am going to check the users not in a jira-administrator group.

Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer