How can I block deletion of the project?

We have certain project management system sync with JIRA for issue/task management. 

There are project managers who have "administer projects" permission in Project permission but we don't want them to delete the projects which are synced with other project management system. 

Any possible way to do this? (better if possible without add-on, or with free add-on smile

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

No.  Admin means Admin.

But your project managers should not have admin rights - you should remove those.

thanks for the answer.

You mean remove the "admnister projects" permission? 

but project managers need to manage users in project roles, components, versions and some properties of the project, I just want them not to delete the project once created. 

No.

Only JIRA or System administrators can delete projects.  Project administrators cannot.

Ah. OK. maybe we need to check with the users who deleted the projects. we thought that administer project permission allows project managers delete the projects.

We just assumed that. maybe those users actually in the jira-administrator group.

I am going to check the users not in a jira-administrator group.

Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,321 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot