How can I automatically set request type using post function?

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

I want to automatically set the request type field upon creation so it does not show no match. I plan to use if statements for the different issue types as I know those can be a limiting factor.

2 answers

0 votes
Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

Hey Gerry,

Thanks for the response. I do not see this option on my sidebar. If I can figure out how to use this feature it might be helpful, but ultimately there would still be people using the create button within JIRA to make tickets and those would not default to a request type currently.

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2016

FYI as an agent you can raise the request using "Raise a request" sidebar menu and it'll always have request type.

Suggest an answer