• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How can I automatically create multiple sub-tasks at one go (say by clicking one button)? Is there a plugin available for doing the same? Or should I develop my own plugin?

How can I automatically create multiple sub-tasks at one go (say by clicking one button)? Is there a plugin available for doing the same? Or should I develop my own plugin?

nitin gite January 14, 2013

How can I automatically create multiple sub-tasks at one go (say by clicking one button)? Is there a plugin available for doing the same? Or should I develop my own plugin?

Nitin Gite

2 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013
0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2013

You can try with the script runner plugin, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner. It has a post-function 'create-subtask'. You can even re-open subtasks using the same plugin.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2013

But the script runner is free and has many other good features too.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Another option is Create on transition plugin

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

Absolutely , Its also one of my favourite plugin :)

Suggest an answer