How can I automate a ticket to transition to in-progress workflow step if [summary ~ "XXXXX"]

Andrew Enfield August 15, 2019

I need to create an automation rule to add a comment and transition the ticket to a separate stage in the Workflow based on the summary containing one or two words. I can get it to automatically add the comment but it's not transitioning. Here's the automation rule: automation rule.PNGand one of the workflows: Workflow.PNGCan someone assist me on this, I'm pulling my hair out.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

The issue is that the create can only transition to a single status.  If you look at the automation logs you will see that the automation is failing. This is because from create there is no transition to in progress.  The transition has to exist or the automation can not make the move.  For transitions on issue create the easiest solution is to use a plugin like script runner or JSU and handle it in the workflow.

Suggest an answer