How can I auto-add users which where involved in a ticket to a user multifield?

Problem:

Security Scheme is set to only allow users who reported, are assigned or are in a custom user multi field called "participants / CC Users"

Question:

How can I auto-add users which where involved in a ticket to a user multifield? Can't find any option for that in workflow. also if user is assignee and he just assign the issue to another colluegue, he has no longer rights to see it himself. Also no workflow action is triggered ;/

Seems to atlassian has something like "auto-add to participants" in their support ticket system support.atlassian.com

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

They use the Participants field from JIRA Toolkit plugin.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JTOOL/JIRA+Toolkit+Plugin

You can then use that field in the security schemes.

Sad that's not possible in a native way but it's free and I'm going to try this. Thank you.

can add Participant field which is shown in all project but I can't select this as a conditional Custom Field in the security Screen section, any hint?

and YES, I have re-indexed jira ,)

oh! Seems that field is extending CalculatedCFType and not UserCFType. You will need a multi user field and a post function that can copy the current user to that field. Not sure if someone already have written a plugin for that.

No, there is no plugin for that outside. Copying the value to a multiuser field does not succed, because of wrong formating. It's a pity, that this does not work.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,129 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot