How can I assign a task to two persons with the "user picker custom field" and see the task on both assignees dashboards?

shahrzad ramezani December 11, 2012

Hi!

I need to assign a task to two persons,so I`ve added a "user picker custom field" to the "Create Issue page" and named it "Second Assignee",when I assign it to the second assignee(the first one is the default "Assignee" field ) the task is not shown in her dashboard!

how can I set this user picker custom field so I can see it on both assignees dashboards?

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

in jira you can assign issues only to a single person.

but there are some other techniques

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users

Dear C.Faysal

Thanks for your answer,I had tried the document you mentioned before,as I explained in my question I need to see the task on the second assignee dashboard or for example when I "search for issues " under the second assignee name I need to find the task there but its not :(

I think the "user picker custom field" should have some other configuration that I don`t know,to work just the way that the field "Assignee" works in "Create Issue page".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2012

You can't do it, as C Faysal says. An issue has ONE assignee at a time.

So it will never appear in two people's "assigned to me" list because it can only be assigned to one of them.

The documentation given is a list of workarounds, but if you are going to use a user-picker, you'll need to find or write your own version to narrow down the list of people in it (the one built in doesn't have any functions to manage the list, it just gets everyone), and then alter your filters and dashboards to look at that field.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

hmmm

my idea would be to first allow unassigned issues....

set projects default assignee = unsassigned

add a customfield type "Multi User Picker" i.e. name "Working Users" and place it in your screen

when you create the issue leave the assignee field unassigned and select the preferred users in the Working Users field.

add a filter result to both users dashboard where a filter is selected to query all issues where jql would look like

"Working Users" = currentUser()

at the end you could add some workflow conditions for transactions to allow only those users

something like "User Is In Custom field" next screen choose "is in" and "Working Users"

another one..

to hide this issue from other people...

add an issue security scheme to your project and set up a level <you name it> where you select

User Custom Field Value = Working Users

now while you create an issue select the security level <you name it> and only those people which you recently added in the "Working Users" field are able to see and transist the issue

hope that helps a little bit

I will use sub task for my issue :)

thanks

Suggest an answer