How can I allow users to add another, identical custom field in a Story?

Terry Mork November 16, 2015

In the Story issues type, we have a text box for Acceptance Criteria. I want each test scenario to have its own AC text box. How can I allow my users to be able to "Add Another" acceptance criteria text box within the same Story?

It can be done because I was the Product Owner of JIRA at my previous company and requested the same requirement and got the functionality. The Sys Admin at that time no longer works for that company and not sure how to get ahold of him to see how he did it.

So... Can my Admin create AC1, AC2, AC3... AC50, place an "Add Another" button next to AC1, then AC2 shows up, etc.?

3 answers

0 votes
Terry Mork November 17, 2015

Then the Sys Admin I used to work with was a genius because he did it somehow. I had a text box defaulted with "Given <set up>, When <action>, Then results>". Next to that text field was a drop down box of "Not Executed", "Passed" failed". Then there was an "Add" button. When I clicked on the button two new fields appeared - AC text box and status drop down. Options:

1.  Custom code
  2. Plug-in
  3. JIRA feature
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2015

That would be an add-on of some sort.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Can give us a screenshot if you may? :)

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

As Nic said, you cannot. You can just append to the existing Acceptance Criteria by editing them.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2015

Short answer is you can't - a field is a field, you can only have one on an issue.  As an admin, you can add AC1, AC2, AC3 etc if yoy need them.

Suggest an answer