How can I add the option of setting the assigned user when creating an issue?

Deleted user March 16, 2014

The create issue form doesn't have a field for assigning the user; how can I add one?

NOTE: I already found other answers that use a transition step to auto-assign issues to the reporter, but this is not what I am looking for. I want to still have the ability to assign the issue to someone else, or (by default) no one at all ... I just also want the option to assign the ticket when I create it. Currently I have to create the issue, quickly click the link that appears before it fades, set the assignee, then click back to whatever I was originally working on. Ideally I should just be able to have one step: create the issue, with an assignee assigned.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014
  1. Click on Create Issue
  2. Use Where is My Field functionality to find out why you're not seeing the Assignee field

Deleted user March 16, 2014

Ah, that was it; my "field 'Assignee'" was "not present on the screen 'Bug (New) Screen'". Thanks.

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2014

Off hand I'd say the field isn't on the create screen. If you can set the assignee another way it isn't a permission issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events