How can I add request participants (system field) into edit field list in automation rules

Kyle Li November 14, 2017

I set my automation rule then action to edit issue, but the issue field list only several fields instead of all the issue view/edit fields.

I need to add request participants field into then action edit issue field list.

Is there any  way can help me with this ?field list.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

You don't.

Participants is a derived field, it is worked out from other data on the issue, so you can't add to it like this.

My current issue is we have limited 3 agents. there is no more agent account can be set to the participant users. But I need a user who is not a reporter or an agent can join in this issue and edit the transitions when issue comes in status Actions failed. Is there any way that I can archive this??

By the way, Atlassian opened the functions that the aumation rule can edit issue field and the post function can update issue field but limited the fields can be edited, this makes this functions much more unfriendly to users and the functions are senseless.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Including other people in a request is something your agents can do - they just need to add your developers to the request.

0 votes
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2017

Hello @Kyle Li,

unfortunately in the automation rules you can't choose custom fields.

But you can also edit the issue field in your workflow. Therefore you have to edit the workflow, choose the transition to your "action failed" status and edit its postfunctions. Select updating an issue's fields and add your custom field.

Hope this helps!

it is not working. there are only below fields in post functions also, I need to update/edit the request participants field in Action failed status.fields.jpg

Suggest an answer