How can I add/remove fields for a specific project in the Project Settings/Details screen?

Manuel Baca May 15, 2017

Hello, 

I am configuring JIRA for a new team in our organization.  They want certain project level details to be entered and edited.  How can I add these fields to the Project level details screen?  

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2017

The only way to enter project-level information is by using the Project Description. You can edit the project description (or any project details) if you are have the Project Administrator permission for a project.

That said, it sounds to me like you might already be using some add-on to acheive this. I can't tell if you're already capturing project-level information using project-level fields - are you using an add-on like Profields? If you're already using Profields, I believe you can create different schemes to use for each project to capture different fields for each project, but I've only trialed the add-on and it's been awhile since I did that.

Suggest an answer