How can I add read only custom text field in create issue screen without using any add-on?

yousra samih October 30, 2019

I need to add text to a transition screen. I tried using the text filed (read only) and add it to the screen, but it's not showing. is there any custom filed could be used without using plugin?? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
František Špaček _MoroSystems_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Hello,

is it a static text? If so, maybe using description of other fields can be useful. Description of field is shown under the field itself.

However if you want to have certain information shown, my guess is that plugins are the way.

I can recommend using ScriptRunner and their Behaviours for making ceratin fields filled up with value and read only on ceratin screens. Reffer to their documentation: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Thanks for your answer!

Yes exactly it is a static text, but the filed I want to add description to is a global filed ( Attachment).

So i thought of adding read only field but it's not showing. 

František Špaček _MoroSystems_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

So the text is supposed to be shown only for certain project?

Like yousra samih likes this
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2019

Field descriptions (even built in fields like attachment) can be customized per project in the Field configurations. So you can create a custom configuration for your case that sets a custom description, and then create a field configuration scheme that applies it to that issue type.

So you can create a "customized" field description for the attachment field that only applies to a certain issue in a certain project. 

@Andrew Laden  Thanks!! context is very helpful in my case. 

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2019
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

That's a bodge for creating useless issues in Jira.  This question is about displaying helpful text during creation.

Without adding an app, the only thing that can be done natively is giving a field a description (which are global things for all projects the field appears in)

Suggest an answer