How can I add option to convert issue to specific sub-task under "More Actions"

Manju Nambiar January 23, 2013

Currently the only option under "More Actions" is "Create Sub-Task". Is it possible to add another action "Convert to Sub-Task ABC"? And can this action be associated with a specific project?

Thanks,

Manju

3 answers

0 votes
Manju Nambiar February 5, 2013

my intent is to have a specific sub-task type as menu option instead of having the generic option "create sub-task" then have the sub-task type as a list in the next steps.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Manju

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
You need to write a plugin and get this added. You probably need to handle the field mismatch between issue types as well. https://developer.atlassian.com
Manju Nambiar February 21, 2013

Hi Renjith,

I would appreciate if you can provide any directions to what kind of plugin.

Thanks

Manju

0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Based on a brief check in my system, I see that if an issue has sub-tasks, you cannot convert that issue to a subtask itself (as JIRA wouldn't know where to put the sub-tasks it currently has...only a 2 level hierarchy is supported). If you do NOT have any subtasks tied to an issue, then you will see "Convert to Sub-Task" right under "Create Sub-Task".

Suggest an answer