How can I add multi select custom fields based upon selected component/s in JIRA SERVICE DESK CLOUD?

Prashant Mehra April 9, 2018

Hello,

I want to add multi select custom fields with some default text based upon selected component/s in JIRA SERVICE DESK CLOUD.

For example, there is a component named 'Enterprise' then whenever the component is selected while creating issue type problem; I want few custom fields to auto-populate after selection to get more specific information on issue type problem of selected component: 'Enterprise'.

Now, custom fields could be multi-level-cascading-select type. Also, multiple components should result in multiple custom fields.

I have already gone through many related questions on Atlassian community but not able to replicate the same on my end.  Few of the add-ons don't work on Cloud.

Please find the attached Create Issue screenshot for reference. Many thanks!Issue.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Inna Molotkovska July 5, 2018

Prashant, did you find a way to do this? I am having the same problem...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2018

The multi-level-select list is not supported by Service Desk.

This is a bit of an odd one.  For a field to be selectable for Service Desk, the Service Desk code has to be able to support it.  This is the opposite to Jira, which just needs an add-on to say "this is a custom field" (and then define how it works).  JSD needs the fields to be of a known type, and this field can't be one of those types because of the way it needs to work.

Thank you response. Can I use multiple custom fields of text type, if not multi-level-select?

Also, is it possible to define a custom field to work based upon selected components and how?

By work based upon selected components, I mean show/hide custom fields of text type based upon component/s and how?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2018

Yes, go to the request definition page to add fields.

JSD does not do dependent fields natively, you'll need some code for that.

Alright, I was actually hoping for some add-on but since I am on JSD Cloud, things are a little different I guess. Thanks again Nic!

0 votes
Neha Goswami April 9, 2018

Need answer for same.

Suggest an answer