How can I add jira dashboard into confluenece page ?

Ofira Daniel November 20, 2017

Hello ,

Is it possible to display jira dashboard (not one gadget) on confluence page ? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Ofira,

You would need to do this with the Jira issues macro in Confluence. This is the way to display Jira filter results in Confluence.

If this doesn't meet your requirements, can you let us know which aspect of a Jira dashboard you need to display specifically?

Your other option would be to use an iframe using the HTML macro if you are on Server: How to put an iframe into Confluence

You would use that to display another page within a page in Confluence, but it will ask the user to login to Jira if you're not passing their login details to Jira such as through SSO.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Shannon

Fred V January 18, 2018

Shannon,  you are not answering the right question.  I have seen this being asked multiple times - can Atlassian provide the answer to the following:

Can a Confluence page display the FULL JIRA DASHBOARD (NOT a filter or a list of issues!!).?  Again , not a separate single gadget, but the full dashboard.

All of us are looking a Confluence feature, where you can add a Jira Dashboard to a page (hopefully in a dynamic way, where it is updated at a given interval), so that Confluence users will not have to login to Jira to see that same dashboard info.

This is a very useful/critical reporting feature. I am hoping you have the answer.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Fred,

There's no current feature, there's a request here:

The popularity of this request hasn't picked up, as there aren't very many votes, but I still encourage you to watch it and vote on it to show your support for the feature.

The only other thing I could suggest is using External Jira Gadgets in Confluence, but this isn't going to be a full dashboard.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Fred V January 18, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply.!

Fred V January 18, 2018

Also, I would encourage all of you who are looking for this feature to be more proactive and vote for it via the link Shannon provided.

I am guessing Atlassian is not measuring the popularity of the request by the number of questions we (users) ask about it (I found a lot of the same requests for this feature by just doing a google search), but by the VOTES on this specific issues within their own Jira.

Cheers,
Fred

Like # people like this
Jo Folan June 28, 2019

I can't vote, nor comment on the issue but it does get my vote, and I would like to see this functionality created. Thank you

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2019

Hi Jo!

Thank you for following up and welcome to the Atlassian Community! If you're not able to comment or vote then it means you aren't logged in yet. You can click Log In in the top right-hand corner of the page in jira.atlassian.com and then you'll be able to vote.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

Yamini Rao August 17, 2020

Please add feature to import /embed , jira dashboard into confluence

0 votes
Kelly Nezwek November 5, 2021

If anyone else came here looking for the answer for Confluence Cloud, the related issue to vote on is here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70116 

Vote and watch!

Suggest an answer