How can I add all JIRA users to a new group? OR how do I query users with no group assignment?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

I need to add 100s of users to a new group that I created in JIRA. How can it be done?

Another way I can solve this issue is if I can finda way to query all JIRA users that do not belong to any group?

I do not have SQL access and need to do this in JIRA.

thanks for your help in advance.

NR

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Hi nashmarkt,

I believe that even with SQL access, the process can get a bit dangerous; since the one that controls the group membership of users in a JIRA instance (cwd_mambership) has a column that auto increments programitically whenever a new user has a been added to a new group. So, it would be hard and not recommended.

At this point, I feel that you would have to perform this manually in JIRA's Group management settings (under Bulk Edit Group Members). Since you'll be adding all JIRA users to this new group, you can select all of them when you are browsing users.

Just ensure that you have the permission to Browse Users (via the Global Permissions) so that you can view all the users in the JIRA instance.

Suggest an answer