How can I add a gadget to System Dashboard without setting Project in the gadget?

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

I want to setup a System Dashboard with some preset Gadgets but some of the gadgets require you to set the project. I want the Project to be set based on the users associated project, can I do this?

One in particular I'm wanting to add is Issue Statistics. Is there some kind of variable that I can use, like %Project or something?

Thanks,

J

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Hi J,

Create a filter of your choice first and add it to your favorites. And in your gadget select the filter instead of the project.

If you want all projects and all issues, just create a filter with an empty query and save it as a filter. You will only see issues from projects you have access to.

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Thanks. That did the trick. If a user belongs to multiple projects they just get all the projects listed so that's fine.

Thanks,
J

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2013

Not really. The reason the gadgets ask for a project is that there is no "associated project" for users. A user can have one or many permissions in a project, none of which are a definite "this is the main project for the user". Jira has no way of knowing what your potentially completely random criteria for "associated project" might be, so it has to ask.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Hey Nic,

I have created a filter with an empty jql and selected that in the Issue statistics gadget. The gadget only displays issues from projects I have "Browse Project" permission to. And if there is issue security levels, it excludes the ones that I am restricted from viewing.

Wrong?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Not wrong, you are right, Bhushan.

Suggest an answer