Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add a condition to a workflow based on the presence of linked issues, without plugins?

I would like to do the following without needing a plugin.

Assume there is a transition I want to add which should only appear if no linked issues of a certain type are present.

Is this possible using Jira Cloud's native Automation for Jira functionality?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 23, 2021

Hi Rob,

there isn’t a Condition for linked issues. You could consider reverting the transition after the fact. Not sure if that is acceptable solution.

Nope.  I have an ugly workaround - use a custom field as a flag - but ugly workaround is ugly.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 23, 2021

Yep. But at least it works w/o $ outlay. ;)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Simmo Atlassian Team Jan 03, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan

Could you elaborate a bit more on your use case so I can see if there is anything I can suggest?

Cheers,

Simeon.

I wanted to have a transition appear only if there were no linked issues present corresponding to a particular link relationship.

Simmo Atlassian Team Jan 03, 2022

You're talking about changing the behaviour of Jira itself?

@Simmo I'm not sure of what that means

Simmo Atlassian Team Jan 11, 2022

Sorry mate, I mean, you want to have an automation rule that can affect what the Jira UI is presenting?

I mean I want a workflow condition that allows or disallows a transition based on the presence of linked issues of a particular link type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you