How can I add 3rd party contractor as a user?

Syed Mustafa January 26, 2021

How can I add a 3rd party contractor who will work with agents but not directly with customer? Do I need additonal license for such a user?

How do I define a 3rd party entity (Company) and their users as a team member on a project / Service Management portal?

Sid

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

@Syed Mustafa, they will have to be licensed as a software user or a core user at the very least. Then, they can be added to the project role Service Desk Team. 

If you do that, they will be able to collaborate with agents. They can perform the actions outlined here such as viewing comments, leaving internal comments, add attachments, ect.

If they need to be assigned to a ticket, edit the ticket, or other itmes like that, they'd need to be licensed as a Service Desk agent.

Syed Tariq January 26, 2021

Hello Kian, thanks for your answer.

If I subscribe to IT Service Management, do I need to separately buy licenses for JIRA software or JIRA core?

Also, if I am currently on free version with 3 agents, and 10 users, can I still try collaborator feature?

Thank you

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

You can get software for free as well!

You can try the collabotator feature on the free version!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events