How can I accurately measure user workload across multiple projects

Zaine Abaddin October 9, 2019

Hello all,

I've just taken over a web development team who currently have two projects. One is setup for support using queues and the other is a Kanban board setup for new website development projects.

What I am trying to achieve is a way to accurately measure their workload across both projects. and possibly any future ones that may be created.

I know that i can see how many issues are assigned to each user and so on but this isn't very accurate as one of my guys can have a single issue assigned to them but it may consist of 3 days worth of work where another may have 3 issues assigned that will only take a single hour to resolve.

I'm trying to use the dashboard gadgets to create some sort of chart to display this info for the whole team to be able to view.

I've looked into time tracking but didn't find it very helpful and i don't see the need for it currently.

I thought of using estimate story points (I know its more for sprints) but i thought if i can apply story points to each issue then i can have a report showing the user name and how many points are assigned to them but i was struggling to get the charts to work with this idea.

I am fairly new to JIRA so any advice would be super helpful.

0 answers

Suggest an answer