How can I access Out of Office Assistant plugin rule data from a groovy script?

Scott McCormick January 9, 2017

We are using JIRA 5.2.11 with the Out of Office (OOO) Assistant plugin.

In a groovy script, I need to check if an OOO rule exists such that the current user is now acting as a Coverer for someone Out of Office.

The OOO rule data is stored in a custom table in the JIRA database (created by the plugin), but I am hoping the plugin provides an API to run a lookup on this data...but I cannot see it anywhere.  I looked through the jar but didn't see a method that would get me the data i need.

If there is no such method in the API, can I directly query the JIRA database for the information?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Joanna Majewska September 18, 2017

Hi all,

Would you get a notification to your personal email if you have this plug in added on? I know there will be a comment under a ticket that assignee is out of office. Does it also send a notification? 

0 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Hi Scott,

We are the developer for the OOO plugin.

Currently, there is no public API to run a lookup on the data.

You can directly query the JIRA database, but the data structure might change when newer features are added.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events