How can I....Create a whole new JIRA board and DB without pulling in my teams current DB settings.

Deleted user September 23, 2013

Hi there

I am 90% confident I know how to do this but the cxompany I work for has things setup a bit differernt than I'm used to so I don't want to botch this up...so this is my "gut check" question here.

I need to create a new Data Base / JIRA board for an external QA team so they can test our software and log bugs / check and regress bugs.

we only want them to have access to this and nothing more. Currently every new DB we have and make here, uses the settings from the other ones we already have in the system.

so my question is...how can i set this up fairly painlessly and make it so they only see what's on that board and nothing more.

4 answers

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Ok, so if you want them to only see the board, they will need permission to view the issues (Browse Issues). That's just the way JIRA works.

Being able to see the issues is the same permission to see the project.

So you can restrict them to only to be able to see 1 project, or even some issues in 1 project. But you can not limit them to only the Agile board page.

0 votes
Deleted user September 24, 2013

Ok yeah so we have a project we are working on. We need to make a JIRA board / space for the Localization QA but we do NOT want them to see anything else other than that board.

I just want to make sure I know the 100% best way (and easiest) to do this.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2013
I don't think Dean means "data base", he's using it to mean something else. My best guess would be that he means "Project", but I really don't know.
0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

If you are using ondemand there is not DB involved. Are you referring to JIRA Agile (GH) boards?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events