I have a requirement where I need to take copy of CHANGEITEM table every day. At present it is taking lot of hours to pull this data as there are around 25 million records and table consists of CLOB data types.
Can you someone please answer below questions for me ?
1. Will there any change to the existing rows in CHANGEITEM table or is it just new rows gets added every time we add a comment/ change in UI.
2. Does old rows gets deleted when we do any thing in Jira application ?
3. I want to develop a script where I will just append new rows to the existing data rather than deleting and copying whole data . Will this work ??
Thanks in Advance
Changeitem is at the heart of Jira because it is an issue tracker. Changeitem is tracking changes to the issues.
Instead of looking at the database, could you explain what you are trying to do and why? What are your end users trying to do? Why are you copying the history when you almost certainly don't need to?
Thanks for your time on this.
We are not making changes to source db .. we just want to take copy of source table to our database. We are copying data because we don't want to cause performance issues as there are lot of users who will be using our report.
We are using this data to create reports to see how a team is performing when a story/bug is created. Something like this :
1,How fast they are responding to the user ? .
2. How frequent they are updating the status of the Bug/Story.
So I will proceed to create a script which will just copy new rows instead of whole data.
Can you also help with below ?
1. is there any way I can pull data for the past two years rather than whole data as we CHANGEITEM table has data for past 15-20 years which is not useful to us.
2. How can I join CHANGEITEM table with date ?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events