How are issues ordered on the JIRA Road Map?

Go to a project, click the Road Map tab, and then click the down arrow icon to see the trackers in the fix version. I am wondering how these issues are organized...it doesn't look like they are by priority, issue type, or status. Also, I am wondering if there is a way to change the order of how these issues display?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Penny Wyatt Atlassian Team Aug 23, 2012

Hi wikiwiki,

Good question! I couldn't figure it out from observation either until I created a bunch of test issues solely for figuring it out. The answer is, it's sorted by resolution, priority, status, then summary.

Or in diagram form:

Unfortunately this order is hard-coded and isn't configurable.

Cheers,

Penny

(Edited to add: Actually, as I dig deeper into the source, this isn't entirely right. The first sort is by resolution, but it only sorts by whether there is a resolution present or not; not the actual value of the resolution.

So the actual priority of the sort order is:

1) Presence/absence of resolution

2) Priority

3) Status

4) Resolution value

5) Summary )

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you so much!!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,345 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot