How are Jira issues tied to users?

Qui Hong September 23, 2015

I'm in the process of switching over the MS AD LDAP Authentication. We're currently using the JIRA internal directory and for the most part, our JIRA internal directory usernames matches our AD username.

I've added the MS AD LDAP connection and moved it up above the JIRA internal directory. We did a quick test with one user account and his issues got correctly mapped from his internal directory account to his AD LDAP account.

My question is, how are JIRA issues tied to users? Is it purely by the username? If so, is it case sensitive at all?

What happens if/when I disable the users LDAP account, will they still have access to JIRA from the internal directory? Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Changes like this is well worth testing on a cloned instance of JIRA before even attempting to do on a production environment. I don't know the answer of your question, but even if someone did say "Sure, go ahead and just disabled the user directory" would it be sufficient for you to go ahead and do so, seeing how high the stakes are if it fails and starts recreating users?

Suggest an answer