How and where do I add a custom field to standard JIRA screen - Assign screen

Jasmine Tan June 19, 2012

Hi,

I've create a custom field that I would like the users to fill in when they click on Assign tab. However, will this will then open up this field to all projects.

Alternatively, would I be able to hide the Assign tab and add my fields to a new tab in the EDIT screen.

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

As a work around you could do the following.

• Remove all users, roles and groups from 'Assign Issues' permission from the permission scheme (this will get rid of the 'Assign' button in the issue)
  • For the workflow associated with the issue-type, add a new transistion called 'Assign' in all the states that you expect users to do a assignment
  • Associated a screen what you need with all the fields you need including 'Assignee' field to this transistion.
  • Set the permissions that you want to the pre-condition of this transistion.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

Please vote for the support ticket to hopefully get this issue fixed and avoid this painful (in my opinion) workaround.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8874

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2012

I don't think you can customise the assign screen without amending the core code in Jira.

Suggest an answer