How To integrate jenkins with JIRA OnDemand

vijetaa May 19, 2015

i wanted to integrate jenkins with JIRA , we have done this for JIRA on premise,same we wanted to do for on cloud jira, but i dont see any plugin availabe for jenkins integration with on cloud jira.

Please provide the suggestions.

Earliest help or guideline will be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2015

It has to be one-way with Cloud - you can't install addons to provide Jenkins -> Cloud-JIRA, Jenkins will have to do all the work over the REST interface.

vijetaa May 19, 2015

hey thanks for the quick response. do mean to say that i have to install normal jira addon in jenkins and integrate with cloud jira- that is one way. and from jira to jenkins it won't be possible, likewise if i want to check for particular issue id,which build was execute.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2015

As I said already, you can't install addons that provide. If you want to check issue-id vs build, you will need to get Jenkins to use REST to comment/update issues with the data about the build.

vijetaa May 19, 2015

Thanks Nic.

Setha Pal April 25, 2016

Thanks Nic for your answer, can you provide a link about how-to integrate Jenkins using REST JIRA Api ?

Jira Admin August 31, 2016

I'm interested in this as well.  Please provide instructions.

Suggest an answer