How To Use SSO But Have /login.jsp Do Local Login

bgreen4 November 8, 2019

We are using CAS for SSO, but now need to allow local logins when users navigate to /login.jsp. 

As it stands now, when user visit /login.jsp, they get the 'local' login screen (versus the SSO login page), but after entering their credentials, they are redirected to our SSO page.

So: is it possible to use both SSO logins AND local logins? If so, what changes are necessary to the seraph-config.xml file (or other files)?

Thanks!

Bryan

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

Hi!

Similar to my colleague from Kantega, we are a vendor of a SAML Single Sign on Plugin. 

With our plugin, you get multiple Ways how to deal with Situations where some Users are on the IdP (CAS) and other Users need a local Username/Password for authentication.

We have a short YouTube Video that Demo's the different Ways you can solve that with our Plugin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoNir7eN87o&t=287s

As for a native approach without a 3rd Party Plugin, I don't really have a good recommendation for you. You could consider if adding an additional button by editing the login.jsp template itself would help you. But that might be annoying during upgrades & also mean the User might loose context in a situation where he accessed a deep link.

Cheers,
    Chris

P.S. Full disclosure, I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor.

0 votes
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

Hi @bgreen4 

Is 2-step login an alternative for you? The Kantega SSO Enteprise app allow you to combine setup multiple login mechanism to Jira, and 2-step login is an approach for combining traditional login and SSO. https://kantega-sso.com/articles/2steplogin/

With 2-step login, you get a login screen that first ask for the username of the user (as shown in the screenshot below).

Then based on properties of the given user (user directory, group memberships or email domain) the user is either forwarded automatically to a SAML identity provider (CAS) or asked to type in the jira password.

Full disclosure: I work for Kantega SSO. Please reach out to our support team if you have questions or would like a screensharing demo.

Cheers,
Jon Espen
Kantega SSO

Suggest an answer