How To Set The Resolution Field Based On A Custom Field

jason_pierson December 20, 2015

How do you set the Resolution field based on the value of a custom field? We have a custom field named Code Status. When this field is set to Deployed To Production, we'd like the Resolution field value to automatically change to Resolved.

We are running JIRA 7.0 on an on-premise server.

3 answers

2 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2015

In addition to the response from @Mike Friedrich you can use a scripting language such as ScriptRunner to set a value based upon the values of other fields. This would still be a post-function step on a workflow.

See the examples on https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/workflow/postfunctions/set-issue-attributes.html for how to set issue attributes and check existing values of other fields.

2 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2015

I recommend you create a transition named "Deploy to Production" and let post action set resolution and that custom field together.

I see no other way, in JIRA it is not possible to set built-in values based on custom values. You could do the opposite. ( calculated custom fields)

jason_pierson December 22, 2015

That worked. Thanks!

0 votes
Indranil Mondal March 3, 2016

It can be solved very easily using plugin 'workflow enhancer' and post function "universal post function". In that post function select custom field, its value and true/false depending upon your requirement, select 'update issue field', select 'resolution' value, update, delete any other update issue field condition in post function, publish.

Working in my requirement, should work in your case too. thanks.

Suggest an answer