How To Access Jira Commit Branches and Repositories for a Given Story

Ron B June 9, 2021

Hello,  I am trying to access the branch and commit information from the Development section of a Jira story.  It is my understanding that accessing this info is not part of the Jira Rest API.  However, I have been seeing that there is an endpoint available to try and get this information.  I have tried making a call to the endpoint using the following call in python:

response = requests.get("https:<jira-server>/rest/dev-status/latest/issue/detail?issueID=<issueID>&dataType=branch&applicationType=stash

However I keep getting an errorMessage that "No issue exists with the ID: '<issueID>'

I tried setting issueID to both the Jira key and issueID, but with the key it says I entered an invalid id.  I also verified that I'm using the correct issueID, but any issueID I use always returns the "No issue exists with the ID" message.  Does anyone know of a way to get the branch and repository info or what could be causing the "No issue exists with the ID" error even though I'm using the correct Jira issueID?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 answers

Suggest an answer