How JIRA managed user email address on DB?

naotaka terazawa December 20, 2012

I'm looking for a tabel that user email adress managed on DB.
I found user table named "userbase" on DB, but it dosen't have email field.(Its fileds ware username, password_hash.)
I wonder how JIRA managed user email address on DB?

Anyone knows the table name?

My JIRA environment is bellow.
JIRA version:4.1
DB: MySQL

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

You need to check with the PROPERTYENTRY and PROPERTYSTRING table for JIRA 4.1.

Refer this link

Thank you for your help!

I've confirmed the email field in "propertystring" table on DB.

My goal is to replace all users email adress domain from "@aaa">xx@aaa" to "xx@bbb" in a lump by SQL.

so I tried to execute this SQL, and I could replace all users email domain to "bbb" on DB.

#update 'propertystring' set propertyvalue = replace(propertyvalue, 'aaa', 'bbb') where propertyvalue like @aaa'">'%@aaa'

Then I loggined JIRA and checked the individual email address, but the domain remained old one.(aaa)

It seems that some cache works.

Do I need something to do to clear(Already tried to clear the blowser cashe) or some more works?

Thank you for your help!

My goal is to replace all users email adress domain from "@aaa">xx@aaa" to "xx@bbb" in a lump by SQL.

so I tried to execute this SQL, and I could replace all users email domain to "bbb" on DB.

#update 'propertystring' set propertyvalue = replace(propertyvalue, 'aaa', 'bbb') where propertyvalue like @aaa'">'%@aaa'

Then I loggined JIRA and checked the individual email address, but the domain remained old one.(aaa)

Do I need something to do to clear(Already tried to clear the blowser cashe) or some more works?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

i remember doin a reindex after changing somethin in the DB.

did you tried to do so?

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2012

Yeah. I hope you updated the table only after shutting the JIRA instance and retsrting it later. Jira needs reindexing after changes are made to its database. You can mark the above answer as correct, if it helped you :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2012

You must NEVER run SQL on an active Jira database, the system must be halted before you run any SQL.

This change you've made is a relatively safe one, but you may have lost some of the email addresses you updated - you might want to reread the propertyvalue rows you changed to make sure they're all still there.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2012

Glad it worked! You can mark the above answer as correct if it helped you :)

0 votes
naotaka terazawa December 23, 2012

Thanks to your support, I managed to solve the problem.

I might not doing reindex the DB, I've just reboot the JIRA service.

Thank you again for all!

0 votes

Thank you for your help!

My goal is to replace all users email adress domain from "xx@aaa" to "xx@bbb" in a lump by SQL.

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2012
Try this one -

SELECT LOWER_EMAIL_ADDRESS FROM CWD_USER WHERE LOWER_USER_NAME = "user_name";

I've recieved this message.

#1146 - Table 'jira4.cwd_user' doesn't exist

"jira4" is my databae name.

And I've checked that my database doesn't hava "CWD_USER" table through the phpMyAdmin.

Suggest an answer