How I provide a customer with a link from a dashboard

Katya Godneva July 14, 2017

Hello, everyone,

I have a very simple, it would seem to me, a request: need to provide my customer with a direct link from a dashboard (to a customer portal).

How do I do that?

I tried text-gadget: and used standart html 

<a href="URL">text</a> and it looks that way (this is view on his dashboard):aaa1.png

- the link seems fine, but when I click it, it doesnt take me there, it jist open mu customer portal in a small gadget window - 

aaa2.png 

- which looks ugly and not user friendly at all ((

This Customer is CEO, so I really need it to be done beautifully and of course, yesterday.

In short: I just need to provide him with a link customer portal from his default dashboard.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

The gadget link you've got is being interpreted inside the gadget, I don't think it's going to do quite what you want there.

Closest I can get is to add target = blank into the url parameters, that will pull it up in another window or tab.  For example

<a target="_blank" href="http://linky">Linky</a>
Katya Godneva July 19, 2017

Nic, thank you so much!

That helped ))

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

In addition to Nic's answer, we've used the Application Navigator as a menu for external links like this. The Application Navigator menu is available on every page in JIRA, and you can also restrict who sees what links in that menu (based on user groups).

So, it may not be in a gadget, but it's just as easy to find after you show your CEO once! :)

Suggest an answer