How I come to know the list of issues in JIRA that the user is watching

prakash ganeshan September 23, 2013

Need your help in achieving this.

1. I need to know the list of issues in JIRA, the user is watching.

Example : User A is renamed to User B, now I need to know the list of issues in JIRA where user A is part of watcher's list. Now I need to replace the user A with user B in all these issues. How do I come to know the list of issues, user A is watching.

2. After getting the list of issues, I need to replace user A with user B in all these issues. How do I achieve this.

4 answers

1 vote
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

Hi

1.- project = XXXX and watcher = userA

2.- I think that your best option is developing a simple groovy script (perhaps can be done with jelly). Here is a slightly different use case, solved with a groovy script. They are trying a add some user as a watcher of the parent issue.

HTH

0 votes
Balvant Biradar October 23, 2017

please  use below simple JQL.

watcher = "username"

It will list all issues where "username" is watcher 

0 votes
dhiraj kumar April 20, 2017

1.Select Advance Search,

2.watcher = currentUser() // If you want issues you are watching or user for whom you want to watch

0 votes
Sam Kenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

You can try this SQL:

SELECT *
  FROM [jiraschema].[jiraissue] i
  JOIN [jiraschema].[userassociation] a ON i.[ID] = a.[SINK_NODE_ID]
  WHERE [ASSOCIATION_TYPE] = 'WatchIssue'

Suggest an answer