How I change a project's field configuration? I don't mean the field config scheme, but the actual field config.

Ryan Jones May 19, 2014

I created a new field config but I can't switch my project to the new config, the only option I have found is switching the field config scheme, I need to switch to a different field config.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Subhendu Chattopadhyay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

You dont have to create a new field. Select the field and create a new configuration scheme for your project. This way you will not impact other project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types

0 votes
Ryan Jones May 19, 2014

Looks like the new scheme is now associated with the project. Kind of confusing how the admin for instance and project relate, but that seems common in JIRA. Is there a way to do a field configuration for just a single issue type, like for bugs?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

A field configuration scheme can apply different field configurations to each issue type. You need to create a field configuration for the issue type and then update the field configuration to point that issue type to the new field configuration.

0 votes
Ryan Jones May 19, 2014

Anyone? I don't want to change the default field configuration as I only want these changes applied to a single project but I can't find where to make this change.

0 votes
Subhendu Chattopadhyay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Select Configure for the custom field and Click on the link Add new Context. This will allow to create a new Configuration scheme for this field. On this screen you will be able to choose the issue type and project.

Ryan Jones May 19, 2014

I don't follow. I want to change the field config that I created, not create a custom field.

Suggest an answer