How I can set one sprint with multiple projects in next-gen?

Maria Zgurieva July 5, 2019

Hi, 

I am having 5 different projects - 5 next-gen projects are being created.

I have created also one empty project, where I have created a Sprint with the idea to add my team issues from the different projects into this one sprint. 

When I am searching the sprint via the Issue field   - I am able to add the issue to this major sprint. But when I go to the Sprint board - I do not see the issues from those 5 different projects. I only can see them by creating a filter.

Is it in the plan to be developed for Next-gen? It is very useful and important for dev teams that are working on different projects on the same time period.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hello Maria,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

The Next-gen boards were initially configured to only work with issues from their related projects. In fact, this limitation is not regarding the Sprint filter, but to the board filter that cannot be customized to return issues from other projects.

That been said, we understand by many customer feedbacks that this would be a useful feature for Next-gen projects, so we created the feature request below with our development team:

Ability to configure board filters for next-gen project

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, we suggest you to use a classic project to configure the view and reports with the major Sprint you configured or keep using the Issue navigator to return the issues related to the mentioned Sprint. Additionally, you can use the Filter results gadget to return the JQL filter directly in your dashboard with the relevant fields you want.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer