How I can clear the previous field value in a transition view screen

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Hi All,

Please suggest me how I can auto clear the previous field value in the transition screen, means if I'm doing a resolve workflow action then the pop-up window (transition screen) is coming and there I need to select some of the mandatory value then do resolve action, ok ..

there assignee field is mandatory field, but its having having previous assignee name, so here my problem is,

Suppose if I'm not changing the assingee name then also its allowing to do resolve action and taking assignee value same as previous assignee... so how I can overcome this. Please suggest.

In brief, how I can clear the previous value when its comes to transition screen. (before post fuction in workflow transition)

Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

JIRA Misc Workflow extentions has a "Field has been modified " validator using which you can check if the value is changed or not. We use that instead of clearing the old value. This will force users to select a new value.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/292

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2012

Many thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer