How Does the Project Role for Watch All Work?

Sharon Shapira October 16, 2013

I have set two of the users in our instance to Watch All in the project roles. However, in the individual issues, they are not showing up as watchers in the list.

Is this separate from one another? Will they simply receive notification emails for everything, but not be shown as watchers?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

You'll need to explain what you mean by "watch all" - there's nothing built-in by that name, so we don't really know what it is.

However... I'm guessing you have added a new role called "watch all". Then you have used it in your notification schemes, so that anyone in that role gets an email on all events. If that is what you've done, then your second paragraph is correct. The people in the role are NOT watchers. They are simply in a role that gets told about stuff. The watchers field is a totally separate list of users.

Sharon Shapira October 17, 2013

Hi Nic,

This does seem to be part of the features available.

I have gone to User Management, and selected project roles for an individual user. This is what I see. When I check Watch All I assume this was supposed to add them to the watchers list.

Screenshot is available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o0n6gano6j4m6r/Screen%20Shot%202013-10-17%20at%201.55.51%20PM.png

Screenshot

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

Hmm, well, it's not there when I fire up a new development copy, and it's not in the OnDemand instance I have access to, so I think it's been added by one of your admins.

Anyway, that's not really important. The screenshot clearly shows it as a role, so my answer for that doesn't change.

Suggest an answer