It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How Do I reopen a task?

Bill Keenan Jun 19, 2012

I've looked and looked. I can't change the status, or the resolution.

It was closed by accident, and it looks like I'm going to have to re-create it? That seems mad..

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
howard tiersky Jun 20, 2012

yes exactly. you need to create a transition from closed to whatever open status you want to be able to go to ( some people create a status called "reopened" and others just go back to a status like "in progress" or whatever.

And then check the permissions to be sure the right people have permission to "reopen" the task and you should be able to do it no prob.

Do you know how to make those workflow edits? Let me know if you have other questions.

Bill Keenan Jun 20, 2012

That worked a charm, a bit fussy with having to create a new scheme etc.. to get the new workflow assigned. But were flying now!

howard tiersky Jun 20, 2012

super, glad to hear it! Yeah to really undesrtand schemes you have to have an extra lobe attached to your brain. But once you do that they make tons of sense ;)

0 votes
howard tiersky Jun 19, 2012

All depends on your workflow and your individual permissions. You certainly can design workflows where tasks can be re-opened (we have this in ours). Are you the administrator of your Jira instance?

Bill Keenan Jun 20, 2012

I am yes, do i need to add a step to the workflow to allow fixing mistaken closes?

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,436 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you